Beezra Activities Blogs
Is Adventure Good For You?
Yes, absolutely! There are loads of benefits to getting outside and putting yourself safely into a situation outside your day-to-day comfort zone. Some of the ones we see every week include:
1. Boosting your energy and raising your spirits by doing something unusual
2. Getting an endorphin buzz from the excitement and challenge
3. Facing your fears and realising you can achieve more than you thought
HOW DIFFICULT IS CANYONING?
Canyoning is an adventure where you find your way down a gorge by walking, scrambling, climbing and jumping through water and rocks.
With a good guide who knows the area, you can make it as tough or easy as you want, by them picking easier or more difficult routes to suit all abilities.
The guide can show you different ways to get down the gorge in some places, and challenge you to push your limits safely if you’re ready for some adrenaline-packed sessions.
Cold Water Shock - What Is It and How To Avoid It
Cold water is any water below 15°C. Entering into cold water can have a serious effect on your body, so it is important to be aware of Cold Water Shock.
The average sea temperature is 12°C and rivers are usually colder, so this applies for most of the year in the U.K.
- skin blood vessels close, blood flow resistance increases
- the heart has to work harder so blood pressure and heart rate increases
- sudden skin cooling causes involuntary gasps for breath
- movement can be seriously affected
- breathing rates can increase dramatically and get out of control
- you might panic and inhale water into your lungs